November 13, 2014

Some Short Quotes

.



I dedicate every pore to what’s here.
– Ikkyū


Skepticism is the elegance of anxiety.
– E.M. Cioran


Do it or don’t do it – you will regret both.
– Søren Kierkegaard


I make art in order to give other people my problems.
– Mike Kelley


Why else keep a journal, if not to examine your own filth?
– Anne Sexton


Theory is good, but it does not prevent things from existing.
– Jean-Martin Charcot


How long can a person recover before it becomes another form of not being?
– Claudia La Rocco


I don’t do anything with my life except romanticize and decay with indecision.
– Allen Ginsberg


There are not millions of deaths. It happens millions of times that someone dies.
– Etel Adnan


The artists I work with turn to emotion because this is where ideology does its most devastating work.
– Jennifer Doyle


It is not that I have no past. Rather, it continually fragments on the terrible and vivid ephemera of now.
– Samuel R. Delany


He loved the moment when a bouncing ping-pong ball stops bouncing, but one doesn't know if it has finally come to rest.
– Eliot Weinberger on Hans Faverey


To be making something as yet unformed, unknown – to be living in a deferred moment – is the most seductive way to exist.
– Moyra Davey


The more a ruling class is able to assimilate the most prominent men of a ruled class, the more solid and dangerous its rule.
– Karl Marx


But a creative life cannot be sustained by approval, any more than it can be destroyed by criticism – you learn this as you go on.
– Will Self


If I do nothing, if I study nothing, if I cease searching, then, woe is me, I am lost. That is how I look at it – keep going, keep going come what may.
– Vincent van Gogh



.

No comments: